can be very nerve-racking and may leave us shy, silent and blowing our chances of getting a second date because we weren't prepared for the first one. Here are some pointers to help you get the best start and make a good impression.
THINGS TO DO
1. Be on time - If you are late then your date will think that you donít care or that he/she isn't important.
2. Make your partner feel comfortable - By making your date feel comfortable you will be able to also relax and simply enjoy yourself.
3. Be an interesting date - Show you are interesting (and a good listener) by asking questions that help you learn interesting things about your date. Dress great. Take great care in your hygiene.
4. Laugh at their jokes - Even if you have heard the joke 100, laughing a long with your date will make your date feel you are interested in him/her.
5. Keep the conversation alive - Practicing for the date can make quite a bit of difference and once you have started a great conversation, the rest will just follow.
6. Take your date somewhere unique - First dates donít just have to be about going to the cinema or to a restaurant. You will make a longer, lasting impression if you are imaginative with your date.
7. Be confident - Being more confident will help you get through that first date with ease.
8. Be yourself - You wonít fool anyone by pretending to be someone you are not.
THINGS NOT TO DO
1. Be late- First impressions count and if you are late then this will make your date think of you as lazy, having lack of initiative, or not putting an importance on the evening.
2. Talk about yourself all night- There is nothing worse then a person that loves to talk about himself or herself all the time.
3. Talk about past relationships - Maybe thatís how you lost the last one. Nobody wants to hear you drone on about your ex and what he or she did or didn't do.
4. Eat with your mouth open- This will not only create a negative impression of you to your date, but also to other people around you.
5. Ask too many personal questions- If you like each other and want to continue with the relationship then there will be plenty of time to ask more intimate questions.
6. Try to be someone you are not- It's important to be yourself as you don't want other people to settle for anything different. Trying to act like someone you are not will only backfire in the future.
7. Pursue sex; especially after your partner has said no.
8. Get drunk- You donít want to spend half the night in the toilet vomiting and your date wonít think much of you. You can also put yourself at risk of unwanted advances and will not be in the right frame of mind or body to do anything about it.